In a project the workgroup determines who has access to the concerning project. By adding a person as a member of the workgroup this person gains access to the workspace. The specific authorizations of this user in the project is related to the role a user has in the workgroup.
A workgroup can consist of individual users, one or more contact groups or a combination of both. When a contact group is added to a workgroup all users who are part of this contact group will have the autorizations of the concerning contact group.
Follow the next steps to add a user or contact group as a member of a workgroup of a project:
- Open the project to which you want to add a workgroup member.
- Go to the menu "Workspace'.
- Click 'Workspace'.
- Select 'Add member'.
- Select a contact in the adress book or add a new contact by e-mail.
- Click 'Add'. The new contact is now added to the workgroup.
When the person added to the workgroup has no account in the Commerce-hub platform, a user account is automatically created. This person automatically gets a specific set of rights and authorizations (calles Standard user). By these authorizations the user can then log in to the platform and gain access to the project.
Follow the next steps to add change the role of a workgroup member:
- Open the project in which the role of a specific workgroup member has to be changed.
- Click the contact card of the workgroup member.
- Select 'Role'.
- Choose the desired role from the list of available roles. The role is immediately changed. The order workgoup members are shown is based on the roles.